I believe that everybody is a kid… and kids have curiosity. Now when your kids asks an awkward question, you can
1) Say NOOOO, talking about such things are banned… you will know all this when you grow up. (if you have handled kids then you will know what it usually leads to)
2) Or Tell him the truth, and while you are doing it: Tell him what a responsible and moral behavior is and what are the consequences.
If you opt for the first, How can your kid know the:
1) What is right and what is wrong.. what is socially accepted moral behavior.
2) What are the medical consequences of error. (STD, AIDS)
3) How it can impact your future? (pregnancy, early marriage, being forced to undertake responsibilities you are not prepared for etc.)
4) What is safe what is not?
5) You need to reinforce in the kids that they have a right to say NO, and not succumb to peer-pressure.
6) What qualifies as sexual harassment by a pedophilic relative?
In the USA, obesity is a tell-tale sign of poverty, but in India its the large number of offsprings… often more than they can take care of. The parents are not able to invest in the child’s future and hence condemning them to perpetual poverty.
1/3 of the Indian population cannot even read and write…. How do you think you can increase awareness in their kids?
In a society where a female is often reduced to a Cooking Machine and a Sex Toy, How do you plan to tell her her rights?
How can you tell a couple that
1) “Agreed that a child is a God’s gift, but a dozen of them is a curse”
2) What are the benefits of a planned pregnancy?
Well Even College educated kids are no better:
I know a newly married couple (husband an engineer, wife a Post Graduate student) who conceived within 2 months of their arranged marriage. Now someone tell me how does she plan to attend school while she is carrying? Unfortunately I cannot blame the couple for not thinking through properly… “after all ignorance is a bliss.”
I have a confession to make: I do not know even even the names of the STD. So if I ever catch one, I am 100% sure it will be too late before it is diagnosed.
Many countries in Africa lost an entire generation due to AIDS… Is Indian Government also preparing a similar stage for population control?