A stealth-based First Person Shooter based in a futuristic, technologically advanced world. Your character is surgically modified for extreme performance and caught between two powerful powerhouses.
The Best Bits –
- The social enhancer perk gives you significant power to alter the outcomes of several scenarios by just talking. Hell, I wish I had that in real life!
- The gameplay lets you choose your style from complete stealth to complete violence. It is possible to complete the game without killing anyone except in the boss fights.
- Your character is vulnerable to bullets and can die almost immediately if caught in cross-fire. This is good because it makes it realistic at all playing levels – easy or hard.
- A reasonably good, if not outstanding, storyline.
- The stealth mechanism is outstanding.
What could have been better –
- The dark environment throughout the game makes you wonder at times if the developers forgot that the sun exists.
- Even if you opt for a stealth based approach, there is no way around the bosses. You have to fight them.
My takeaway –
It’s a definite wow. It is a definite benchmark setter for upcoming stealth based games. 9/10.