Picked from a six sigma class
- Overproduction: Creating module/report that is not required
- Inventory: Having staff that are not needed, procuring hardware not used
- Extra-processing: Unwanted route of approval & unnecessary steps
- Motion: Avoidable physical movement of goods and people
- Defects: Poor quality, not addressing requirements and anything that leads to re-work
- Waiting: Making people on board wait for work, tools or infra due to prolonged review
- Transportation: unwanted movement of goods, documents for approvals and review
- Intellectual: Using skilled workforce for mundane tasks and unskilled workforce for complex tasks leading to rework and strain.
All these made me wonder how much of our day to day work is actually relevant and productive.