I recently bought a set of formal clothes…. here are what my first reactions were…
1) tie: Anybody wearing this in my sense is an over enthusiastic jehadi following the footsteps of Saddam Hussein and yelling out… I am next!!! I am next!!
2) design. The coat/blazer feels more constricted than a medieval knight’s armor plating. I bet, the shoulder padding was actually designed by a gentleman whose shoulder was in a cast.
3) Warmth…. My grandma told me to fight pneumonia, cover your chest. But these fashion designers would cover my arms with 4 layers of fabric and leave my chest exposed to the chilling wind. I wonder how many scientist and how many millions of dollars would have been used to come up with this totally useless design.
4) cuff links: It reminds me of a Kathak dancer who ties ghungoo (bells) on her feet. The constant banging of these metal bits on my table makes my keyboard feel like an antique typewriter.
5) Pockets: Man this thing has 9 pockets. Who says only kids can in cargo trousers can play a hide and seek game while searching for the pocket contents.
I am still searching for any functional use of this exorbitantly expensive costume. Yet it is compulsory in most offices, and elite gatherings. Maybe because they want everybody to look like a steward or a sales man in uniform.