For the past 3-4 months, I have been working almost 16 hours a day. Since today I did not even have the time to walk to the restaurant for a dinner, I thought of ordering Pizza.
Here is my experience:
1) I went to the website to try to locate the phone number of the nearest outlet. But after the home page, any other access results in the following output:
2) So I thought I would call up their Hungry Kya Helpline 1800-111-123.
3) It was promptly picked up and the order was taken.
4) After 5 minutes, when I provided the address, immediate reply came: “Sorry our branch does not cover your area. I will give you the number of the nearest outlet, you can place your order there.”
5) I told them this is my order, why don’t they call up the other store/do an online transfer of order. But they don’t have this provision.
6) I finally called up the second store, they said there is an outlet in the basement of my building and this is its address. Hence wasting another 5 minutes of my time.
7) When I called up their 3rd store, they said: “Thank you for calling Dominoes…. blah blah blah…. sorry due to too much order volume we won’t be able to service your order for the next 50 minutes” (BTW it was a normal weekday, no special occasion or weekend rush)
How can a store whose marketing is centered around home delivery and Hungry Kya concept except that their customer would starve itself for 50 + 15 = 1hour 5 minutes?
Why do they so proudly advertise their phone number when it does not work?
Do they really think a customer would be patient enough to repeat the order 3 times?
What is the use of advertising the 30 minutes guarantee when every time they have some excuse or the other to not commit to it?
Why don’t they fix their website?
Why can’t they put a simple call center. You order there and the order would be routed to the nearest store?
Am I asking too much… It took me less time to go all the way to the restaurant, have a nice meal and come back.